FastAPI Introduction - Build Your First Web App
FastAPI is a modern, fast web framework for building APIs with Python. In this Tutorial we have a look at some of its key features and then we build our first web application with it.
The key features are:
- Fast: Very high performance, on par with NodeJS and Go (thanks to Starlette and Pydantic). One of the fastest Python frameworks available.
- Fast to code: Increase the speed to develop new features.
- Fewer bugs.
- Easy and intuitive.
- Short: Minimize code duplication.
- Robust: Get production-ready code.
- Standards-based: Based on OpenAPI and JSON Schema.
- Automatic interactive documentation.
- Automatic type validation.
They have an awesome documentation with many tutorials that are easy to follow, so I recommend to check out the official website:
FREE NumPy Handbook
Learn NumPy with this eBook! It covers code examples for all essential functions. Get it for free together with monthly Python tips and news.