Complete FREE Study Guide for Machine Learning and Deep Learning
A complete study plan to become a Machine Learning Engineer with links to all FREE resources. If you finish the list you will be equipped with enough theoretical and practical experience to get started in the industry! I tried to limit the resources to a minimum, but some courses are extensive.
Watch the video on YouTube for instructions.
You can find the list with the checklist on GitHub.
- This list is not sponsored by any of the mentioned links! I did a lot of the courses myself and can highly recommend them!
- This list takes a lot of time and effort to finish if you want to do it properly! The list does not look that long, but don't underestimate it.
How to use the Plan:
- For theory lectures: Follow along, take notes, and repeat the notes afterwards.
- For practical lectures/courses: Follow along, take notes. If they provide exercises, do them!!! Do not just google the answer, but try to solve it yourself first!
- For coding tutorials: Code along, and after the video try to code it on your own again.
- Step 3 is critical! Your theoretical knowledge is worthless if you don't know how to apply it to real world problems! Do as many personal projects and competitions as you can! You don't have to wait with step 3 until you finished the other parts, I recommend starting with a side project or kaggle competition after you finished part 1.1 (Andrew Ng's course).
- [ ] Linear Algebra and Multivariate Calculus
- [ ] Khan Academy - Multivariable Calculus
- [ ] Khan Academy - Differential Equations
- [ ] Khan Academy - Linear Algebra
- [ ] 3Blue1Brown - Essence of Linear Algebra
- [ ] Statistics
- [ ] Khan Academy - Statistics Probability
- [ ] Python
- [ ] Python Full Course 4 Hours - FreeCodeCamp on YouTube
- [ ] Advanced Python - Playlist on YouTube (Python Engineer)
- [ ] Numpy - Free Udemy Course
- [ ] Matplotlib
- [ ] Pandas Tutorial - Playlist on Youtube (Corey Schafer)
1. Basics Machine Learning
- [ ] Coursera Free Course by Andrew Ng
- [ ] Machine Learning Stanford Full Course on YouTube
- [ ] Udacity - Introduction to Machine Learning
- [ ] Machine Learning From Scratch - Playlist on YouTube (Python Engineer)
- [ ] Books (Optional and not free, but I recommend at least the first one):
2. Deep Learning
- [ ] Stanford Lecture - Convolutional Neural Networks for Visual Recognition
- [ ] Learn PyTorch (or Tensorflow)
- [ ] Stanford Lecture - Natural Language Processing with Deep Learning
- [ ] Stanford Lecture- Reinforcement Learning
3. Competitions and Own Projects
- [ ] Kaggle
- [ ] Datasets (develop own projects)
- [ ] Competitions (start with Getting started section)
- [ ] 8 Fun Machine Learning Projects For Beginners
4. Prep for Interviews
- Make your own projects to show what you have learned.
- Reproduce paper and implement the algorithms.
- Write a blog to explain what you have learned.
- Contribute to ML/DL related open source projects (sklearn, pytorch, fastai, ...).
- Get into Kaggle competitions.
Join My Newsletter! Get Python and ML tips emailed directly to your inbox. Each month you’ll get a summary of all the content I created, including the newest videos, articles, promotions, tips, and more.
Implement popular Machine Learning algorithms from scratch using only built-in Python modules and numpy.
Advanced Python Tutorials. It covers topics like collections, decorators, generators, multithreading, logging, and much more.
Learn all the necessary basics to get started with this deep learning framework.